Sort of. I've just finished a full draft of my dissertation (so now I'm on a high). Go me.
The only thing is, I know I still have a lot of work to do on it (I kinda left the Poe chapter hanging and I'm going to have to substantially change my intro because what I wanted to do over the course of the diss changed, which I knew it would), so I can't be unreservedly excited. Now I'm nervous that I'll have to change A LOT - that all the work that I've done isn't good enough. I'll probably feel like that until I let someone read the whole thing and not just certain chapters. I know some chapters are good--I've already gotten feedback on them--but it's different when you have to think about the whole thing as one big unit.
Anyway, regardless, I can work with what I've got. If it's not ALL brilliant, a lot of it is.
As Fatty would say, I'm awesome.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment