I love swimming. More to the point, I love water. Even more to the point, I love the feeling that you get after you've been swimming in water. It's the most wonderful combination of tired, relaxed, and just all-over loose. It's as if all your joints work more smoothly, like the water itself has infused your body and replaced your bones. I get the same feeling after swimming a mile in the pool that I used to get after surfing for 2 hours, and maybe that's why I like it so much. And it's a good thing I like this feeling, because swimming laps is almost the epitome of boring exercise--just a short bit behind running on the treadmill and riding a stationary bike (or doing the elliptical machine, for that matter). Since you don't get this wonderful wet-spaghetti feeling after those machines, the only thing that makes them even bearable is that you can watch TV or listen to music while you do it. I don't use my iPod when running outside anymore, but I don't think I could bear using a gym machine with no music or tv sound. If I'm going to be stuck exercising inside, I better have something to distract me.
But I'm getting off track--this post was supposed to be about the glorious post-swim feel. But I guess I already said it was good. Well, it is.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment