Monday, November 10, 2008

Done, pt. 1

I missed last Monday night's forced blog post. I'm sure all of you people who read this blog (all none of you) missed it. Well, here's one to make you happy.

I finished my dissertation. It's done (except for 2 small things I have to add to the works cited page, which I'll do in the morning). I'm turning it in to my committee tomorrow, and will defend it on December 10. Now I'm going to cook French food.

I like to cook (as opposed to my wife, who loves to bake). Maybe I'll post stuff about cooking like she does about baking. Maybe I'll even put some pictures in. The writing won't be as good as hers is, but maybe it'll be interesting. There will probably be more cussing. And more references to post-punk and gothic Americana. Maybe I'll do it. Maybe I won't. I'm so punk.

The first thing I'm going to do is make some good veal stock and demiglase (if I can find veal bones in Oxford. I'm not optimistic. Rhea's Market might be able to get them.) But then I'm going to grill a turkey this weekend, so maybe I'll do that.

The thing is, I write all day (or at least all morning--like 4 hours) so I don't want to write on a blog at night. It's not relaxing. I want to read. I want to cook (but we don't have money or ingredients enough to do what I want). I want to play awesome-looking Playstation 3 games (again with the money thing). I'll do the first two. At least until I can figure out some way to buy myself a video game console. I need to hurry with that one because I'm rapidly leaving the prime video game demographic. I've only got a few years left. Getting old blows.

2 comments:

Wes Hunter said...

congrats man, that's awesome. what are you going to do with all your time now?

Stephanie said...

I am so jealous! I guess by now you're Dr. W. with all attending rights and privileges. Ah, well. Remember us little guys!