Well, I cooked the turkey on the grill and have some news to report.
Score.
I cooked the hell out of that turkey. It's safe to say that Mr. Floppy-Neck had no idea what happened to him once I got ahold of him, but ne'er has a turkey been so divine (if I do say so myself). I brined that sombeech for 18 hours in a mixture of water, salt, brown sugar, apple juice, peppercorn, allspice, and clove, and then cooked him for somewhere on the order of 3 1/2 hours, to an internal temperature of 175. At some point I tented him in foil because he was all golden-brown and I didn't want his tasty self to burn. I let it rest for 39 minutes before disassembling him into tasty goodness, and let the Americocentric feast begin.
Ahh, America, and your infatuation with unnaturally big breasts. The turkey, you heathens. Go read some Kingsolver. Geez.
1 comment:
It's 0930, and I could still eat me some o' that turkey. Damn.
Post a Comment