This is where I rant about something that doesn't matter at all.
I hate that prices don't include tax and companies that advertise their pre-tax price like that's what you actually pay. Currently this ire is aimed at Taco Bell. Taco Bell currently has a commercial campaign for an 89 cent chicken soft taco or burrito. In the commercial, a guy walks around town taking pennies from various "give a penny, take a penny" jars (communism at its finest!). He goes into Taco Bell and orders one of these new 89 cent burritos and gives the woman 88 cents. She says, "Hey, this is only 88 cents!" To which the guy responds by grabbing a penny from the Taco Bell take-a-penny jar (which does not exist in any Taco Bell I've been in) and gives it to her with a very smug "eighty-nine" and walks out with his burrito.
I call bullshit.
In the real world, that burrito does NOT cost 89 cents--it's probably more on the order of a dollar. If I walk into a Taco Bell and order one of these cheap-ass burritos and give the cashier 89 cents before trying to walk out with my burrito (especially if I give them 89 pennies) some high schooler who is pissed off that he's working in Taco Bell is going to jump over the counter and beat me to a cheesy-chewy-crunch pulp. Just figure tax into the damn price.
And for all you places that don't have sales tax on food, suck it. You'll just have to pay 7 cents more per dollar than you used to. Get over it.
I'm better. Just don't get me started on gas prices. $3.749 a gallon is $3.75! It's not $3.74! Why are we so dumb that we think a tenth of a penny means something? It doesn't. Idiots. Gah!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm definitely with you on this. restaurants and retail places should just figure the prices out so that the tax rounds up to a number that makes sense, ala PT's Grille in wilmington. IN addition to pricing, PT's also has the preferred model of french fry creation.
Post a Comment